Yes, I realize I am a total blog loser and am well over a month behind, but since this is the only journal I keep, I am going to continue to document my amazing vacation by day until I get all of them done. The drama and suspense of taking the NCLEX and licensure will have to wait :)
So, back to the vacation. We just chilled on Day 4. Hung out by the pool, ate good food. The little garden shack (where we ate hamburgers and nachos frequently for lunch) had THE BEST hamburgers I have ever eaten in my life. Better than In-N-Out and Taco Del Mar, which I never thought I would say, because those are my favorites. The nachos had homemade chips and were simple, but delicious. A little cheese sauce and pico... YUM!
 |
| It was a little windy... |
We headed down to the flea market before dinner, and found some great treasures, and some junk ;) Steph and Jess each got precisely one pimped-out braid in their hair. All of us found some great silver rings. I bought a plain band to wear if and when I ever get a real job as a nurse. I also found some great stacked bands as well. And I found a really cute purse and a fantastic huge bag.
 |
| Jess getting her hair braided |
 |
| Steph's braid |
 |
| Our jeweler friend--we spent about 2.5 hours in his shop haggling over prices and getting our rings resized. |
WARNING: Next photo may be inappropriate for some viewers (Don't say I didn't warn you)
 |
| Flea market dude flirting with Jess - There was some joke about "Mexican position" or tequila or something associated with this lovely apron... |
We hit El Oriental again for some Asian food for dinner. We were all essentially addicted to the sushi there after the first night. So delicious! For this evening, all of us had the spring rolls as an appetizer, and the Tigger Roll for dinner.
 |
| It was at this point, Sara earned the nickname "The Godfather" ;) |
I don't even need to tell you where we went after dinner... Naturally it was the Ekinox Lounge!
 |
| Showing off my CRAZY curly hair |
We met some completely nasty Brazilian dudes who spoke zero English and about 5 words of Spanish. Communication was interesting. All they cared about was if our chests were real or fake... Wouldn't stop trying to feel us all up. Gross! The only good thing that came of it was this picture. Although it did take them 5 tries because they couldn't figure out the camera and kept shooting random videos of the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment