Sunday, March 27, 2011

Vacation Day 7: Beach, Market 28, and La Parilla

Day 7 was more of a chill day for us. We hung out by the pool in the morning, and then caught a cab to Market 28 for some shopping. It's quite the interesting place, but not as crazy as the flea market. This was where I found my awesome earrings and a chain to go with the pendant I bought at Chichen Itza.


And asked for a recommendation from the locals for a great restaurant. So we ended up at La Parilla (which is The Grill in Spanish).
The girls at La Parilla (I was taking the photo)
The food was DELICIOUS. I think 3 of us had this taco dish. It was something about priest tacos or something, but it had 5 different kind of tacos - Pork, chorizo, beef, and 2 different chicken varieties. All of them were good!
That night, we (what else?!) hung out at  El Ekinox Lounge. It was still a little cold and rainy, but we still have a good time. I attempted to straighten my hair again. I don't know why, since it doesn't last long...


Steph couldn't do a "pig nose"
Do you like my Diet Coke with lime hanging over Sara's shoulder? :D
Bartender Adrian - he made the BEST non-alcoholic drinks on the resort. I heard his real drinks we pretty tasty too. And he was very creative. 
Next up, the most fun day the whole vacation!!!

No comments: