I WAS ACCEPTED TO NURSING SCHOOL!!!
That's right, I was officially admitted to the Denver School of Nursing here in Colorado. I had to take my entrance test last friday, so I spent all of my nights last week studying. The test covered math, grammar, reading comprehension, and medical vocabulary. I was mostly worried about the math portion, being that I hate math, and I'm not particularly good at it, never have been. I spent hours upon hours going through the study guide and all the sample problems doing all the math by hand, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, fractions and decimals, English to metric coversions, and vice versa, word problems, Roman numerals, military time, and the whole 9 yards!
I show up for the test, and guess what? They let you use a calculator! I was upset. So much for all of that studying... Oh well. I got a really good review of math! And my cumulative score was 95.97% :) I was fitted for my school scrubs and everything, and I begin classes April 6th! Graduation is December 17th, 2010, at which point I'll be an RN with a Bachelor's Degree! My work came up with an awesome plan so I can work part-time in the evenings while I attend classes and do clinicals.On another note, Chris and I changed out our front porch lights this weekend. We exchanged our cheap, ugly, non-functional brass lights for new motion-sensored lights. Chris was shocked and amazed that they worked the first time, but I knew they would! My dad and grandpa taught me too much to have them not work ;) Below is a photo of what our fancy new fixtures look like:
We went to a hockey game Tuesday night, and watched the Av's get their butts kicked again. Not a good hockey game, and there was only one really lame fight, but I did have one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life, and a few of Chris's tasty nachos. 
I made a wonderful discovery this week as well. Ah, the wonders of Lunesta. I finally had a decent night's sleep last night, and was able to function normally at work today! The only downside to this was the terrible taste that permeated my mouth for most of the day today. I'm still trying to decide if getting sleep is worth the nasty aftertaste...
P.S. Beware the full moon and Friday the 13th! Both events make people, and in turn, hospitals go crazy..

10 comments:
Congrats on getting into nursing school! I always thought nursing would be an exciting career- you'll make a great nurse.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you!!
PS love the fixtures :)
CONGRATS ASHLIE!! What an accomplishment that is and you will be a RN by the end of this year! Wow! THat is serious so cool. I regret not keeping up with my dental assisting liscense. I need to go back now and take a test and some classes! ahhh! But it's good to have something to fall back on.
Congratulations on nursing school. I am so excited for you. You will be an awesome nurse. I hope you have a uneventful Friday the 13th!!!
congratulations ashlie!! i am so excited for you! and happy for an update on what you guys have been up to :)
you will be a great nurse. ya know they pay well down here in south texas/northern mexico :)
Hooray for nursing school!!!! You are going to be so good at it and love it too! My husband just graduated his last summer and has been loving his career choice! He works in the ICU...where do you want to end up?
You obviously have more than two readers.
I know you'll rock nursing school. And this puts me that much closer to getting grandchildren.
Wahoo! 9 comments! It's a record for me :)
See your blogs for personal comments back to each of you. Thank you so much for your support and love!
Post a Comment