Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

We have been married for one year as of this past Saturday, March 21st :)It has been one of the best years of my life! I have learned to much, and had so amazing times with my wonderful husband! Honestly, I didn't know marriage could be like this, especially after my previous experiences. Chris is kind, loving, and takes such good care of me. He always makes me feel so loved. Case in point: Our Anniversary

We're currently down here in Scottsdale, AZ for a baseball trip with Boulder High School. To celebrate our anniversary, we came down two days early, since I didn't want to fly at all on our actual anniversary. We went to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum on Saturday. They had a great display of some awesome animals:Hummingbird in the Hummingbird/Butterfly Garden. Those things are so fast! It was difficult to get a photo.Peregrine falconsSuper cute burrowing owlGround squirrel Eagle--did you know their talons are as long as your little finger?A different kind of owl, still little, still very cute! I love the half-open eye...Some sort of hawkVulture These cute little lizard guys were all over the park. They are so tiny! Don't let this close-up fool you. Chris tried catching one, but they are speedy!HUGE prickley pear The plants were marginally interesting, but once you've seen 15 cacti, you've seen them all. And it just happened to be the hottest day we've had down here yet, so we were walking around without water or shade, and I was severely lacking proper footwear for what amounted to a very long hike. (Can't blame me, I didn't know what we were doing. It was a surprise that my husband had set up). I only have flip-flops or high sandals with me. I picked a pair of low platform flip flops that have never, ever hurt my feet before, but from all the uneven ground and the fact that I haven't worn sandals all winter, I know have blisters between my toes, and around my toe ring on my right foot. Ah, the joy...

Anyways, the best part of the day came after our little adventure. When we returned to our hotel room, this is what I saw:
I LOVE calla lilies! That's what my wedding bouquet was made of, and I was thrilled that Chris remembered my favorite flower. The color is gorgeous too. That purple/pink is amazing :) I hope calla lilies become a tradition every year! It was so thoughtful of him to plan ahead and have them delivered to our room.
We had dinner at a way fancy restaurant that night, called Mastro's Ocean Club. It was probably the nicest I had ever been to. I had to ask Chris for proper table manners intruction! I was brave though. I tried Chilean Sea Bass! It was delicious! We had lobster mashed potatoes as our side, and butter cake. Truly, it was one of the most scrumptious meals I have ever had the pleasure of partaking. (And probably the most expensive as well ;) Kudos to Chris again for picking an amazing restaurant! We were so full afterwards we had to walk around the mall before we could get into the car. The day was amazing :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful bouquet of flowers!!! and sounds like a wonderful day and dinner :)

Cari said...

happy anniversary! so happy you two found each other!! :)

Amy said...

Wow...a whole year already!!! Congrats!!!

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!(a few days late!) Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time and I am glad to hear Chris is such a great husband and treats you so well! I love those flowers too! He did good.