Nick Bryant #25, Mark Phillips #11, and Wade Johnson #33. Nick redshirted at Purdue last year, and is a really good pitcher. He also plays a pretty good 1st base. Mark is solely a pitcher, and a pretty good kid. Wade plays 2nd base and shortstop, and is a total cowboy off the field--boots, spurs, hat, truck, chew, the whole thing. (Ok, he chews on the field too--YUCK!!!) Sadly, Nick is also a chewer. Most of the guys are.
Alex Stewart #14, Colby College in Kansas. He pitches, catches, plays 3rd base, sometimes 1st base, and has the distinction of having the worst mouth on the whole team... He also chucks stuff all over the dugout when something happens he doesn't like. The pants he's wearing are the ones I sewed to fix the zipper. The look pretty good, don't they? Especially for not being washed the whole season!!! Ew...
(Standing) Nick Childs #40 and Patrick Darrow aka "Petey." (Sitting) Kelly McMinn #8 and Mark Phillips. Nick, Petey, and Mark are all pitchers. Kelly is an outfielder, usually left. I've never seen him miss a catch, but he catches the baseball really low, around his hip. It's scared many people many times. His whole family comes to most of the games to watch him, which is great! His grandma is so cute :)
Playing "Two Ball" to warm up before the 2nd game of Saturday
More "Two Ball"... Wade Johnson #33, Alex Stewart #14, CJ Gillman #6, Nick Hoskyn #5, Nick Bryant #25, and Nate Percy #42. CJ is a great catcher, and also plays pretty much everywhere else (utility player). I've seen him in the outfield and at 1st and 3rd base. Nick Hoskyn is also another utility player, but mostly 1st base and right field. Nate is another pitcher, and he is great help with the score book!
Alas, I didn't get any pictures of my sunburned left arm. But you can still see the sunscreen handprint on my upper arm!
On the good news front, we finally got the last piece of our sectional! It only took four months... We ordered it around April 16th. It's a lot bigger than we originally thought, but we finally got it in our living room. It's red, it looks great, and it's totally comfortable! Pictures to come when I figure out how to arrange everything around it. It's a work in progress! :)
And last but not least, I looked out the window tonight and saw this:
So, I'm off to the bedroom now to hide under the covers and read Twilight in an effort to pretend there's not a huge thunderstorm going on and I'm not alone. I hope you enjoyed the briefing, and have a good night!

1 comment:
whoa!!! how old are some of those 'kids'????
Post a Comment