Friday, July 4, 2008

Gunnison, Colorado

So, I'm stuck here in the incredibly teeny town of Gunnison, Colorado. I traveled up here with Chris and his baseball team. So far I've been scorekeeper, athletic trainer, seamstress, and team mom. Being the only girl surrounded by 13 or more college baseball players and their coaches all the time is pretty interesting, let me tell you. Getting to know the boys has been fun though. Most of them are really great! Quite the potty-mouths sometimes though...

I also got a really NASTY sunburn, but only on one arm! My left one to be exact. (Yes, I was wearing sunscreen. Have you seen me?! I'd be stupid not to. I was even sitting in the shade, I thought). It must have been hanging out of the dugout today when I was keeping score. The lines where I burned are the weirdest I have ever seen. If I can find the camera I know I brought in the massive baseball mess that has become my husband's truck, I'll post some pictures! Suffice it to say, my arm is giving off massive amounts of heat at the moment, and I have the incredibly fun sunburn fever/chills thing going on. It hurts!!! Sleeping tonight will be a challange.

On a good note, in my effort to distract myself from the windy road we were on, I called my friend, Sandra, on the way up here yesterday and actually got to talk to her! I was pretty excited. We haven't been able to talk for longer than a minute forever. And I was thrilled to learn she just started a blog! Wahoo! Yay for blogging! (If I can ever figure out how to do that thing where you click on a word and it takes you to another webpage, I'll do it when I mention stuff like this! If someone would like to clue me in, I would appreciate it).

Another awesome thing was the fireworks tonight! (Ok, the fireworks weren't the awesomest I've ever seen, but at least I saw some!) The coolest thing was being able to see them from our hotel room! It's right next to the baseball field and the park they did the fireworks from. Watching fireworks has always entailed driving downtown, parking miles away, waiting around for hours with a massive crowd of people, watching an amazing show, and then having to pack everything up, walk back to the car with a bazillion people, and sit for hours in traffic. Y'all know what I'm talking about! Tonight, we could see the whole thing from the window of our room, and enjoyed the entire show from indoors without a bunch of people! The best part was walking 3 feet to the bed when the show was over! It was great. I need to plan something like this every year! It's so much easier and much less of a hassle... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you are a score keeper...i used to do it in high school and loved it!!