


... when the phone number for your alarm company doesn't work!!!
So, we had a little excitement at our house tonight. I came home from work and put some water on so I could make some rice to go along with the rest of dinner. There's some pretty crazy stuff going on with my family and friends lately (freak accidents, people in the ICU and stuff) and I have been totally preoccupied for the past two days. So I did something really dumb and forgot all about the water on the stove. Well, a little while later I smelled something burning, remember the water, and ran into the kitchen to shut the burner off. Well, the pan was on fire, so I shut off the burner and doused the pan. But it was too late. The smoke set off the fire alarm upstairs.
We tried shutting the alarm off and calling the alarm company, but the number they left on our voicemails and the number on the stupid stickers was wrong! So it was too late to call off the army. We had a police car, an ambulance, a fire truck, and another fire department vehicle all at our house! I felt so dumb... And they all had to come inside and take a look around to make sure we were all okay. It was great... I even managed to wake Chris up two hours early. I seriously felt horrible. And smoke and the smoke alarm blaring probably isn't the most pleasant and calming thing to wake up to. Don't worry though. There's no damage (other than to the poor pot I fried) and everyone is okay!
Luckily Chris went back to sleep, and all the guys (paramedics, firefighters, and cop) were all super nice. But I still feel like an idiot!!!

3 comments:
Oh boy, oh boy.....hope you got a new pot! :)
We miss you guys. Toby got released on Sunday. Bishop is moving to Utah so they got a whole new Bishopric. Everyone was sad. :(
that sucks...hope all is getting better with your fam!
OH man! What an adventure that was! I would have been freaking out!! haha...sounds like you handle it pretty good and I am glad everything is ok!
Post a Comment