
I can't decide if he was trying to help, trying to go with me, or trying to get me not to leave! For some reason, all the kitties love to climb in suitcases...
Anyways, the main reason for my trip home was for my younger brother, Chase, and his wife, Meagan. They got married February 24th, 2007 in the LDS church in Wendell, ID. Last weekend, Meagan went through the temple for the first time Friday night, and they were sealed Saturday night! 

Both the endowment session and the sealing were amazing. It's such a great feeling to be in the temple surrounded by family and friends! I love going to sealings and being reminded of all the words and covenants you make. When it's your own marriage or sealing, you have so much going on and so many feelings that you don't really remember any of your own sealing. And I love knowing that families can be together for eternity! It's such a wonderful promise.
I also picked up my own wedding pictures Saturday morning (see previous post) and was thrilled with the vast majority of the pictures. My other sister-in-law, Sophie, (almost, anyways) and I went to Rosy Nails in Eagle and did pedicures. It felt so good! I love pedicures. Other than coughing so hard I almost threw up in the pedicure throne, it was rather a pleasant experience. I picked a color that was really pretty in the bottle, and then ended up being a lot brighter on. So I now have Barbie pink toenails!
Besides seeing my family, I also got to meet their two new cats. About two months ago, my Aunt Susan took in a stray cat, and her other cat didn't like it, so she gave it to my dad and little sister, Jordyn to take home. It's a cute little cat, about 10 months old, and not very big at all. My mom wanted to name it Juno, but since it was Jordyn's cat, Jordyn named it Sprinkles. 

Well, one day my family came home from church, and there was one brand new kitten in Jordyn's closet! Turns out Juno would have been a fitting name for their cat since she had gotten herself into trouble! A teenage cat, still basically a kitten, has one herself... Since it was only one kitten, my mom decided they could keep it.
When I was in Boise last weekend, the kitten was about 5 weeks old, and totally adorable! She's still really clumsy, but she loves to play with anyone and anything and chew on fingers. Both momma and baby love purses and bags! They crawled in mine constantly all weekend...


My other sister, Bill's dog, KC doesn't really know what to think about the baby. If they're in the same room, he sits and stares at her. He has tried to eat her on a few occasions, and sometimes will just nip at her or lick her. It's quite humorous to watch him! We finally got him to calm down a little bit around her and let her loose, and it was hilarious to watch this little, teeny fluff ball bite this big dog's ankles!

It was super cute to watch the kitten, dubbed Cupcake by Jordyn, to play furiously, and then just all of the sudden crash in your lap. She'd be playing one minute, and then be gone the next.

Going, going... GONE!

1 comment:
beautiful pics!! you were a gorgeous bride!!! and looks like your trip home was a blast!!
Post a Comment