We need to have a chat. A serious chat. We all do it. You know you do. It's called blog-stalking.
I have the standard blog friends anyone else does. College roommates, friends from high school, friends from college. People I went to church with, or one of my classmates at DSN. I also have some (how shall I put this?) oddities in terms of the blogs I look at.
Take this one, for example. My junior prom date. Really nice guy. I just haven't spoken to him since my junior year of high school. I wasn't very interested then, but I am now (in a completely different way, of course). He has a cute little wife who is pretty interesting herself, and they're expecting a baby. I'm predicting a girl. Weird? Probably. Random? Definitely.
This little gem is one I found through my BYU-Idaho roommate, Amber. Amber's cousin writes one of the most hilarious, sarcastic, completely honest blogs I have ever read. So funny! Never met the woman, but I think she's so amusing, witty, and clever. I only wish I was that confident and blunt. Makes my day when she does a new post.
This next story becomes a mite labyrinthine in nature. One time at Girls' Camp in Island Park (which was actually at a scout camp during girls' week so most the staff were guys), my friends and I met this great counselor who was about our age. He lived in Pocatello, ID. Long story short, our car broke down in Pocatello on the way home, a block away from my grandparents' house. So, us girls decided we would call said camp counselor and see if he wanted to hang out with us. After searching through pretty much every Taylor in the phone book, which is a chore, even in Pocatello, we finally found Keith, and he did come over and hang out with us. That was a long time ago. Oddly enough, Keith and his wife ended up neighbors in Pocatello to my friend from high school/college and her husband and kids. That was how I stumbled across it. Of all the random people... This is truly a small world!
Now, I know what you're thinking, but I don't have a problem. I can quit anytime I want to, I swear! What?! You don't believe me? Ok, ok fine.
Hello. My name is Ashlie and I'm a blog-stalker...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm a blog stalker too- of random people I don't know but who have hilarious blogs. There's no shame- you're in good company.
me too, Ashlie!
HAHA!!! Hilarious! When I was reading that paragraph about Keith I was thinking I have heard this before, then I clicked on his link to their blog and remembered that we talked about this awhile back! Crazy. Small world! I blog stalk too...I KNOW everyone has done it from time to time, if they say they haven't...they are lying! haha!
hahahaha!!! love you!!
I blog stalk too.... We should start a support group.
That is hilarious!!! I think EVERYONE does it. It is too much fun!!! Just remember your not alone.
ha ha, i love it!! i'm a total blog stalker too :)
Post a Comment