Chris came home from work the next morning, hugged me and wished me happy birthday, and then zonked out completely. He was so tired! I went downstairs, and there was a Wii Fit sitting on the table! I have been wanting one ever since they came out. I was upset I had to go to work and couldn't set it up and play! And Chris was already asleep, so I couldn't even tell him thank you.I went to work, and one of my awesome coworkers, Christine, made a way yummy pound cake. Another coworker and I ordered Chinese food from a really good Chinese restaurant in Brighton. I'm so eating left-overs today! Luckily, it was not nearly as busy as normal thanks to a few therapists being off, and I was able to leave early.
After work, Chris took me to...MONTGOMERY GENTRY AND TOBY KEITH!!! (Concert at Fiddler's Green in Denver) It was so freakin' awesome! They had three opening acts from Toby Keith's record label. Two were pretty good, the other wasn't.
Carter's Chord is three sisters. Sorry, I couldn't get a good picture of them. They were spread out over the whole stage, and I couldn't get them all close enough. They're pretty young, but they're good. I liked them. The second was Mica Roberts. She should not be a country singer. She was more of a screaming rocker. You couldn't understand anything of what she was singing. She totally hurt my ears, and not in the loud-concert kind of a way.
These guys are hilarious! Seriously, they are very entertaining performers, and their music is funny. But they actually have musical ability. The songs they sang were "Rockin' the Beer Gut" and "Off the Hillbilly Hook." Have you ever seen a 385 pound man dance? Or do the splits?
I now have. I was shocked that such a large man could shake his booty and move so well! And they were so funny, I will definitely be calling the radio stations to request their songs.
These guys also put on a pretty good show. The big crazy guy with the cowboy hat gets a little mouthy sometimes, but it was good. I forgot how cute T-Roy is! They sang all their good songs. 

So fun! Their opening was awesome, and there was a whole lot of microphone stand spinning (his signature trademark) from Eddie Montgomery. 


The crowd went CRAZY when Gentry came out in this:

That is Jay Cutler, the Denver Bronco's quarterback's jersey, in case you were wondering... After a funny preview of a new movie, "Beer for My Horses," then came the main event! Toby puts on a really good show, complete with pictures, videos, fireworks, confetti, and streamers. He changes some of his lyrics, and he talks a lot about drinking and women, but he's really funny! He's a big guy too. 
"High Maintainence Woman Don't Want no Maintainence Man"

"Beer for my Horses," yes, that's Willie Nelson on the big screen.


There was a soldier from the army, in uniform, sitting in the front section. The camera men put him on the big screen during "American Soldier" and everybody cheered and clapped even louder than they already were. Toby brought him up on stage for "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue." It was actually very moving. I almost cried during both of those songs. 

After the concert ended, Toby took the soldier backstage with him. It was seriously awesome. That soldier was great. Toby last words were, "Never apologize for being patriotic. F--- 'em!"
Sadly, I totally forgot that my camera also does video until the middle of the Toby Keith concert, so I don't have any Montgomery Gentry for you.
There was this stupid, drunk, uncoordinated, rude, drunk lady in front of me who had no beat. This was my view for most of the concerts:
I seriously wanted to break her arm. She could not keep the beat, and would make the "I love you" sign and shove it in front of my face at the most random times. She ruined so many of my pictures and videos. I was highly upset. Here's the video of "I Want to Talk About Me" without the arm...
In Toby's words, "This is a 3 and a half minute song about a 5 second kiss..."
And here we have the songs everyone knows (Please excuse the arms in the beginnings and the slight lyric change in the first song; I pretty much moved over and sat on Chris's lap to get these):
This one is for my little brother, and soldier, Sergeant Kelton Glorfield (I wish I had the good one!):
I had a really awesome video going of Toby singing with all the pictures of the military behind him, but of course, someone once again stuck her arm up in the middle of it and ruined it. Losing that video made me the maddest. I couldn't even get around her and go from a different angle. And then I had the arm from another girl getting this one. GRRRRRRRRR!
Other than the drunken random arm lady, I had an amazing time! I hope you all enjoy the pictures and videos. Yay for my awesome husband and the most wonderful day! I'm off to go play on the Wii! 
(Why do I always look like crap in pictures?!?!)

7 comments:
happy birthday ashlie! sounds like a wonderful day! :)
what a fun fun birthday :)
sounds like a great birthday, wow! let me know if that wii fit really does get you fit :)
HOLY Cow!!! How fun!!! SOunds like you had a great Birthday, I am so glad! (well except for that annoying drunk lady who stuck her arm in your way all the time! hehe...I am sure that was pretty irritating!) I love that song "what about me". Thanks for posting those. And no, I have never seen a 385 lb man do the splits, nor do I think I want to! haha.
Hooray for Birthdays!!! I'm glad you had such an awesome day!
I'm glad you had a great birthday!!! I am jealous!!!
Happy Birthday! Looks like you had so much fun. I bet the concert was awesome!
Post a Comment