Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Short Version

1. March 2011 - Lasik is awesome! I highly recommend it. And I'm seeing 20/10 or 20/15, depending on which chart they test me on ;)

2. March/April 2011 - Mexico is still awesome, although The Omni down there is not. Don't stay there. Chris even liked Mexico, even though he swore he would never go prior to our anniversary trip down there. He also sweats a lot more down there, and he didn't believe me that the sun is different down there & got himself burned. He also went in the ocean! That's probably the biggest news of the year.
On the beach! 
The palapa we frequented
View from our balcony - Don't let the view fool you. This was the only good thing about the hotel. And the pork tacos... Okay, all the food!  




I seriously, seriously love the beach
3. I'm the YW 1st Counselor in my ward. I went up to Girls Camp with our ward, and was also the camp nurse. Interesting experience there... If I do it again, I want to be involved much earlier than a few days before camp and there will be some ground rules. The girls from my ward were amazing and it was awesome to be up there with them. The food was delicious too!

4. Independence Day was really awesome, as you all saw below. It was incredibly fun to see my family and have my adorable nephew's 1st birthday party. I also hung out with my grandma, aunt, and 2 of my cousins in Pocatello, along with my brother and his family. Nobody died or even got injured. Holiday successful.

5. Y'all already know this, but I obtained work over the summer! I interviewed in what was one of the scariest interview of my entire life before I went to Girls Camp and on vacation. I'm thankful that I got a job, and at the place I already called my second home, Platte Valley Medical Center. I work a lot, I have learned a lot, and I'm still learning. I also have a lot of days where I feel like a major idiot. And a lot of rough days. But I love the my coworkers, and they make all the difference! And in a few days I'll have another announcement regarding my workplace :D

Okay, that's basically the catch-up for now. All I do is work, seriously. Or spend time catching up on sleep. I will attempt to blog about the happenings from Halloween on in a more timely fashion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update!! And why was the Omni so bad??