Anywho, here's the long and short of it all:
*In a further effort to procrastinate and avoid anything and everything related to school, I decided that it was long past time to start cleaning the house (the fact that graduation is so close and people are coming may or may not have been a contributing factor...). So far, I have tackled the guest room formerly know as the dumping ground/junk room and the closet under the stairs (now Christmas storage, board games, winter gear, and my tornado shelter). 2.5 years after I moved in, I think I'm finally all the way unpacked.
Now habitable for humans! I still need a lampshade and maybe to hang a few more pictures, but I'm so glad it's done! Now for the rest of the house... The master bedroom is next.
* After 3+ months of missing out on a rent check from my condo in Boise, we finally got renters in there! What a relief.
* Another quarter is over! WOOHOO! This one was a doozy. I have completed Leadership and Community Health, and am now 6/7 of a nurse. I have exactly one clinical experience of 150 hours and 7 days of class left in my BSN career! 92 days to go until graduation, people :D 92 days... Beginning with the 3 weeks of break I am currently enjoying.
* My classmates Steph and Jess and I celebrated the overness of the quarter with our usual end of quarter routine: getting pedicures and going out for food! It always ends up being The Rio we go to, but the diet-busting food is delicious! Our toes all match now :)
Bad attempt at a self portrait!
* My new obsession is Food Network. That's my go-to channel for background noise. I loved Chopped, Throwdown, Challenge, Cupcake Wars, Iron Chef, Food Trucks, DDD, pretty much everything! I may be watching it too much, because it's rare something comes on that I haven't already seen. I keep finding all these places I want to go to, and recipes I want to try.
Everywhere I look I find something I want to try! I even made spinach ice cream the other day. Vanilla flavor, and surprisingly delicious! I'm going to need a bigger, better kitchen...
* Mars is still Mars. He can manage to take up an entire couch or bed, terrorizes everyone, and suddenly appears without you ever hearing him. He's stealth kitty. And he sleeps weird...
* I read Mockingjay, the 3rd book in the Hunger Games series. Didn't like Katniss whining all the freaking time, or the ending.
You are now caught up :D







4 comments:
looks like life is going great!!! and yay for nursing school being almost done!!! :)
I know how you feel about the blogging thing, I have been trying to keep up too. Looks like you guys had fun!
I'm glad things are settled with the condo. I want to hear the story of how you found them!! Congratulations on being so close with school (and love the pedicures!!) And I LOVE the Food Network, too :o) Lotsa good stuff...thanks for catching me up!!
As you know we are new to this blogging thing, but I like how it is more controlled. You are doing such a great job with handling ALL the activities, stresses and excitments in your life. Keep up the great work and you are going to do great...YOU ARE ALMOST DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!!! You have to be excited for that!!
Post a Comment