My favorite class is Calculations. I never, ever thought I would say that a math class was my favorite, but here I am. The calculations are relatively simple as long as you know how to read and can glean the information you need from the problem. The instructor, Ryan, is hilarious! He tells great stories and is really easy to relate to. He's also in his doctorate program right now, so he's know what we're going through. His catch-phrase is "Don't get creative. The math is always the same. There are no points for creativity." It's all so straight-forward and applicable. Even with that, there's one or two people in my class who totally don't get it. We had an interesting display of this in class last monday, when one lady blatantly wouldn't listen to Ryan and didn't understand what she was doing wrong. She was pretty much yelling at Ryan in front of the whole class, as he explained over and over what she had done wrong and how to do it correctly (which the rest of us already knew). I tell you, there's a few people in my class that should not be nurses. If I was a nurse or patient in a facility, and one of them walked in, I would run screaming. Seriously. A place that would hire them is not a place I want to work or be a patient. They're going to kill people.
Anyways, our final exam for Calculations is monday. We have to get a 100% in order to pass the class. Wish me luck! We have three chances to take the final, but I want to get a perfect score the first time so I don't have to worry about it. I have my final lab check-off Tuesday on tracheostomy cleaning and suctioning. Only a few more weeks, and this quarter from hell will be over! Work is work. It's quite stressful. We keep getting more and more patients, and more and more therapists, and yet we don't get any extra help up front. (And the help that's already there is more of a hinderance...) So, life is interesting there. I wish I could quit, but Chris's overtime isn't guranteed and we have two mortgages to pay. So, I drag myself in and clean up other people's messes and laziness every night. I can't wait until I'm done with school! I'll never work a front desk or anything clerical again :D
So that's the update. I've been attempting to organize and clean the bedrooms in the house, and it's coming along. Chris has so much stuff! And he's so busy he doesn't have much time to help. Good thing I'll have some time over my break to work on it some more. I bought a new comforter set for our bedroom, but I refuse to put it on until the master is organized, cleaned, and rearranged. And before I do that, I have to organize, clean, rearrange, and move stuff into the guest bedroom. I'll post pictures of both rooms when I'm done. (Don't hold your breath). However, if someone was to decide they wanted to come visit us, that might give me some more motivation and speed the process along ;)
The other exciting piece of news is that I'm coming to Boise in September! The 18th through the 26th, to be precise. It's over school break and my birthday. Kelton will be home on leave, and it just so happens that one of my best friends is having her baby shower while I'm there. It just worked out really well! So if you live in Boise, I hope to see you while I'm there!
The other exciting piece of news is that I'm coming to Boise in September! The 18th through the 26th, to be precise. It's over school break and my birthday. Kelton will be home on leave, and it just so happens that one of my best friends is having her baby shower while I'm there. It just worked out really well! So if you live in Boise, I hope to see you while I'm there!
3 comments:
Hey Ashlie! I am one of your "four" readers...except I really think there are more than 4 girl!! You have so many friends! I love you though. Math is one of my favorite subjects too. Good luck on your test! Oh and I love the blue comfort set! Can't wait to see the finish rooms too. Thanks for updating!
Wow- life sounds busy for you between school and work. Good luck on your test, and I echo Christy's comment- cute comforter. Isn't nesting fun?
YEA I'm so glad you loved the book. I think I'm going to get the 2nd one (just came out yesterday) tomorrow or Thursday for my trip to Idaho. Hopefully it doesn't let me down! Good luck with everything going on--you will do GREAT!! miss ya
Post a Comment